Sunday, December 4, 2011

Artist Interview: NZ SAND ART

 

Hello everyone, my name is Nancy Tschetner, I am from east Germany and have been living in Taupo, New Zealand since Jan. 2003. I fell in love with the nature, lifestyle and the Kiwi personality. New Zealand gave me the inspiration, freedom and space to create something very unique.

- Natural New Zealand Sand Art -
I consider myself as a natural creative person and always had an eye for detail. I enjoy working with contrast and New Zealand nature gave me the contrast and texture, I was after. I first discovered black sand in New Zealand and used it for contrast and texture on my acrylic paintings. Over the last 8 years I have developed my sand paintings into fine art with great detail. I also started creating sand portraits in 2004. I give people the chance to capture their special memories, loved ones or beloved pet in a unique way. It also gives art lovers from all over the world, the chance to own their own, unique piece of New Zealand and take a unique, personalized souvenir back home.



What can people expect to see from you on the day? At the Auckland Art & Craft Fair, I will have something for everyone on display and for sale. All sizes and prices. From Animals over New Zealand Scenery to abstract pieces. Most of my art is created with over 12 different shades of natural New Zealand sand, the natural tones fit into every house, never fade and give your wall that special touch. A few pieces are created with sand and acrylic colours, to fit everyone's taste. I also take on commission and orders for portraits. Be excited and enjoy browsing ......

Do you have any future plans for your work, could you describe them? I am always full of ideas and open for suggestions. I recently started doing sand paintings on different products, like wood carvings and pottery. My plan is to become well known nationally and internationally and to make NZSANDART a full time business. I enjoy being creative and never run out of ideas........only out of time. So it would be great to keep doing what I love and to be able to share my love for New Zealand nature. I like making people happy and I am thriving on achievement.


Where are your favourite places on-line? I often google different art and photography. I love contemporary Art and admire creative people of all kind.

What do you enjoy doing when you aren't busy making your wares? I enjoy designing all kinds of art. I enjoy giving furniture a new face, designing and sewing clothes, wood carving and anything that can be lifted with colour, shape and texture. I am working part time as a sign writer and there for grew up with an eye for detail. I enjoy design work and my favourite job as a sign writer is to wrap a vehicle or other products in prints and to design and apply motorbike graphics. I am studying photography and love wedding and maternity photography. As an outgoing, active and social person, I love mountain biking and trail riding, fishing and wake boarding. I am never bored and love living life.
"Carpe Diem"

No comments:

Post a Comment