Saturday, December 3, 2011

Artist Interview: NZ Green Buttons

 

Hi my name is Louana. I have a blog NZ Green Buttons that I use as an online diary. I love to crochet and sew. I really enjoy creating useful things from things I find in op-shops or vintage stores. It's a nice feeling to give new life to things that most people think are past their best. I'm a mum of two and try and fit my crafting in around sleeps, and school runs.


What can people expect to see from you on the day? I've got a big stack of vintage embroidered linen notebooks to bring along. I've started to experiment with a product that stiffens crochet and I've been busily been making chunky pendants and delicate snowflake decorations. I'm also bringing up-cycled cards and notebooks too.

Do you have any future plans for your work, could you describe them? I love to find new crochet techniques and apply them to things I make, working with a range of materials, like wire, fabric and even paper.


Where are your favourite places on-line? It's very hard to narrow down the long list of NZ blogs I like to visit, but a couple of favourites are:
www.tinyhappy.typepad.com
www.http://verydarkhorse.blogspot.com

What do you enjoy doing when you aren't busy making your wares? I'm always crafting something! I really enjoy making things for my children, a bag, clothes for a toy or costumes. I also rather enjoy baking too, anything yummy that can be shared with good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment